- This event has passed.
Treating Habits and Addictions Training with EMDR Therapy – Denver
April 5, 2018 - April 6, 2018
Habits and Addictions Training – Cheyenne, WY
Community Reach Center, 1870 W. 122nd Ave, Westminster, CO 80234
ADDICTIONS…habits with negative consequences where people find rewards that make it difficult to change. Frustrating to have, frustrating to help people with.
This workshop will equip EMDR clinicians with knowledge and skills to address addictive patterns directly utilizing the standard eight phase EMDR protocol. In addition, clinicians will learn methods for using specialized EMDR strategies to address motivation, defenses, and relapse.
This program, in its entirety has been approved for 13 EMDRIA creditsBuy Ticket
Pay by check to P.O.B. 326, Cheyenne, WY 82003 or pay by credit card. You may contact Jan Schaad by mail, email or fax.
This is an advanced workshop intended for licensed mental health professionals who have completed EMDR Therapy Training. 13 CEs are provided online after the training by ce-classes.com. EMDRIA CEs will be provided on-site only after completion of the training in its entirety. Certificates are awarded online after completion of the workshop. Participants print their own certificate after registering at ce-classes.com, entering a keycode, and completing an evaluation form. Grievances are required to be in writing by US Mail and/or email, and will be responded to within 10 business days. Trainings are provided in facilities accessible in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Cancellation fee is $60, and must be requested in writing. No refunds will be granted within 48 hours of the training. Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval. EMDRIA Approval #13018-18.
Day 1 Outline
8:30—8:45 a.m. Sign In; Meet and Greet
8:45—10:20 a.m. DIDACTIC PRESENTATION
The development of habits addictive patterns in the brain
Addictions: social, psychological, emotional, relational, and environmental factors
Comprehensive treatment of addiction and trauma—an Overview
Research on EMDR with Addictions
10:20—10:30 a.m. BREAK
10:30—12:15 p.m. DIDACTIC PRESENTATION
AIP Case Conceptualization with Co-Occurring Disorders/Diagnoses
Psychotherapy through the lens of AIP
Phases 1 and 2 of EMDR Therapy: Strategies for complex cases
12:15—-1:30 p.m. LUNCH BREAK
1:30—2:45p.m. DIDACTIC PRESENTATION AND GROUP PRACTICE
Phase 1 and 2 Strategies Continued: Complex Cases; Habits, and Addictions
2:45—3:00 p.m. BREAK
3:00—5:00p.m. DIDACTIC PRESENTATION and DEMONSTRATION
Working with Addiction Memory, Defenses, and Feeling States
Day 2 Outline
8:45a.m.—10:20 a.m. DIDACTIC PRESENTATION
Phase 8: Modifications for Implementation at History and Assessment Phases
Phases 2 & 3: Beginning the Processing of Difficult Issues/Events
Phases 4 through 7: Strategies for Targeting Habits/Patterns
10:20—10:30 a.m. BREAK
10:30—12:15p.m. DIDACTIC PRESENTATION AND PRACTICE
Blocks: types and strategies for intervention
Two Handed Interweave (Shapiro, R.)
Targeting Defenses in the Processing of Habits and Patterns (Knipe, J.)
12:15—-1:30 p.m. LUNCH
1:30—-2:45 p.m. DIDACTIC PRESENTATION AND DEMO on processing habits
2:45—3:00 p.m. BREAK
3:00—5:00 p.m. DIDACTIC PRESENTATION
The Future Template
Reprocessing Trauma Memories within the Treatment Plan for Addiction
Targeting Urges and Triggers
Wrap-Up: Review of the workshop objectives and main points; Questions
Ce-Classes.com is approved by:
- The American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Ce-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) CE-Classes.com, provider #1142, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 1/5/2017-1/5/2020. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2019
- California BBS: Ce-Classes.com is approved to provide continuing education by the following professional organizations: ASWB and APA. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by these nationally recognized certifying bodies to satisfy renewal requirements.
- The California Association of Alcoholism and Drug Abuse Counselors (CAADAC) Provider Number OS-12-174-1116 Expires 11-2018
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2019.
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider – 1622 expires 2/28/2019.
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2019
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2018 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2018
- New York Social Work Board NYSED Provider #120
- This course is NOT APPROVED for NBCC