Working with Addictive Habits and Symptom Patterns with EMDR Therapy – September Virtual Training
This training will be held virtually
8:30am – 4:30pm (Mountain Daylight Savings Time)
September 24 & 25, 2021
ADDICTIONS…habits with negative consequences where people find rewards that make it difficult to change. Frustrating to have, frustrating to help people with.
This workshop will equip EMDR clinicians with knowledge and skills to address addictive patterns directly utilizing the standard eight phase EMDR protocol. In addition, clinicians will learn methods for using specialized EMDR strategies to address motivation, defenses, and relapse.
This program, in its entirety has been approved for 13 EMDRIA credits
Pay by check to PO Box 2028, Pinedale, WY 82941-2028 or pay online by clicking above.
Click Here to Download the Application Form
This is an advanced workshop intended for licensed mental health professionals who have completed EMDR Therapy Training. This program has been approved by EMDRIA for 13 CEs. Cancellation fee is $60, and must be requested in writing. No refunds will be granted within 48 hours of the training. Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
- Name the client resources needed for the re-processing of problematic habits/patterns.
- Identify 3 strategies for expanding client stabilization and readiness for processing of addictive patterns.
- Identify therapist strategies for determining the positive functions of defenses.
- Name 3 questions to assess the client’s readiness to change within the AIP model.
- Describe and use the procedures for targeting positive affect.
- Describe the procedures for targeting urges to engage in addictive patterns.
- Know the protocols for working with relapse.
- Know how to use the Two Handed Interweave with addictive patterns.
- Describe 3 ways to use future template in EMDR with addictions.
CE-Classes.com is approved by:
The American Psychological Association (APA) CE-Classes.com is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CE-Classes.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- This course is NOT available for NBCC credit
- This training does not offer ASWB ACE credit to social workers.
- Florida Certification Board
- The Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling Provider #852 BAP-Expires 3/31/2023
- The California Board of Behavioral Sciences. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences, BBS, recognizes relevant course work/training that has been approved by nationally recognized certifying bodies, such as APA, to satisfy renewal requirements.
- California Consortium of Addiction Programs and Professionals (CCAPP) Provider Number OS-12-147-0221 Expires 02-2021
- The Texas Board of Social Work Examiners, Continuing Education Provider – 5674 expires 4/30/2021
- The Texas Board of Professional Counselors, Continuing Education Provider
- Massachusetts Authorization Number: (TBD)
- Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist Board – Provider # RCST031201 Expires 5/31/2021
- New York Social Work Board – CE-Classes.com is recognized by the New York State Education
- Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0120.
- The Florida Board of Nursing (CE Provider #: 50-4896) Expires 10/31/2022 Do not send certificates to the Florida Board of Nursing. You must keep this certificate for 4 years.
- The California Board of Registered Nursing. CEP 15647 Expires 11/30/2022.
- Licensed Professionals should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.
There are no known conflicts of interests for this workshop.