- This event has passed.
Cancelled: Synergetic Play Therapy with EMDR • Las Vegas, NV
July 23, 2020 @ 8:45 am - July 25, 2020 @ 4:30 pm$495
Workshop Presenters Lisa Dion & Jan Schaad
Cancelled: July 23 – 25, 2020
Time: 8:45AM-12:00PM, 12:00PM-1:15PM lunch, 1:15PM-4:30PM
About the Training
In this training Jan and Lisa will present information from their chapter in the soon to be released book EMDR with Children in the Play Therapy Room: An Integrated Approach. Therapists will have a one of kind experience exploring the basic components of play therapy from a neurobiology perspective as they get introduced to Synergetic Play Therapy and learn how it applies to the EMDR process with children. Through didactic and experiential teachings, participants will learn the neuroscience behind integration, explore the various states of activation of the nervous system, how to become the external regulator, mindfulness, and brain development. This will then be translated into practical ways of working with children and parents. Participants will gain an understanding of the Adaptive Information Processing Model (AIP) in EMDR as it relates to the development of memory networks and the impact of adaptive functioning in children.
Participants will also learn what it means to attach to one’s self as the cornerstone for all healing, and the importance of congruent emotional expression in the play room. Understanding how to work with dysregulation from both SPT and EMDR lenses will be explored as participants learn how to model regulating activities to the client; talk with and involve parents; and ultimately to re-pattern a child’s nervous system through the play therapy process. Aggressive play will also be covered from the perspective of nervous system regulation, attunement, and mindfulness. Participants will leave this training having learned how to weave SPT and EMDR together, using both non-directive and directive applications, creating a seamless and powerful process for their child clients.
The training will include experiential learning. We encourage participants to seek case consultation following the training to implement the concepts and protocols in practice. Resources for consultants trained in both SPT and EMDR will be provided.
A discount is available for therapists who have taken the Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy and provide a certificate of completion.
A discount is also available for full time employees of non-profit agencies with a letter of employment
To receive the discount code, send the required documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
This program has been approved for 18 CEs: EMDRIA # 13018-28 and Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, APT Provider # 09-264
Completion of EMDRIA approved EMDR Basic Training, and clinical work experience using play therapy with children.
Please download the registration forms below and either mail, email, or fax them.
- Explore the link between a child’s dysregulated states of their nervous system and their play
- Explore the significance of authenticity and authentic expression in the play therapy process
- Discuss how to facilitate attachment to oneself and mindfulness in the play therapy process
- Explore ways to continuously develop resources throughout treatment
- Describe how the therapist’s “window of tolerance” can impact the healing process.
- Discuss what it means to become the external regulator during an EMDR/Play Therapy session.
- Describe the importance of therapists recognizing their own internal activation in an EMDR/Play Therapy session.
- Discuss how to set boundaries in the playroom without shaming or shutting the child down
- Explore at least two ways to address emotional flooding and provide containment during play
- Illustrate an understanding of the neurobiology of co-regulation in EMDR therapy and play therapy.
- Practice keeping yourself regulated in the midst of intense play/trauma play and while facilitating EMDR in the play room.
- Discuss ways to involve parents and significant others in the EMDR and play therapy process
- Discuss at least two factors for modifying the standard EMDR protocol and the impact on other phases of treatment in play therapy.
- Discuss when to use a directive and non-directive EMDR play therapy approach with a child
- Practice using a non-directive EMDR approach
- Discuss how and when to shift from play to a verbal EMDR therapy process
- Discuss how to weave SPT and EMDR together a play therapy session
LISA DION, LPC, RPT-S, APT Approved Provider 09-264, is an innovative and inspiring teacher and pioneer in play therapy. She is the founder and President of the Synergetic Play Therapy Institute, and teaches this model of play therapy bridging the gap between neuro-science and psychology internationally.
JAN SCHAAD, LCSW, is an EMDR therapist, consultant and trainer. She teaches EMDR Basic Training for the EMDR Institute, and the Humanitarian Assistance Program. She is an EMDRIA approved training Provider, # 13018. Jan specializes in teaching the integration of neuropsychological therapies with EMDR.Buy Ticket
Pay by check to P.O.B. 326, Cheyenne, WY 82003 or pay by credit card. Non-profits must call in order to pay by check for discounted rate.